Joined: 12 Dec 2011
|Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:40 pm Post subject: Mekong Delta Discover 3 days
Ho chi minh – Ben Tre – Vinh Long – Can Tho
Starts in:Ho Chi Minh CityEnds in:Ho Chi Minh CityDuration:3 Days in Length.
Itinerary in Details;
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City - Ben Tre - Boat Cruise - Home stay (L, D)
Pick up at your hotel, Drive to Ben Tre. Here, take a boat to Coconut Island. Enjoy a brief walk on the island, trying native fruits and viewing local handicraft productions. Continue by boat to Tan Thach commune to visit a family-run enterprise making coconut candies. Take a horse-drawn cart to Quoi Son to visit a bee farm and to enjoy tea and candies. Float on a sampan through the narrow, tree-lined canals of the Mekong Delta. Enjoy lunch at Qui Island. After lunch continue by boat to Phu Tuc village for an overnight stay. Enjoy fishing and sightseeing during a late-afternoon rowboat trip along the Tien River. Visit a local family home and have a dinner of traditional Mekong Delta foods. After dinner take in a performance of traditional rural music. Spend the night in a home stay in Ben Tre.
Day 2: Ben Tre - Cai Be Floating Market – Vinh Long – Can tho (B, L)
After breakfast depart for Cai Be. Take a boat trip along the mighty Mekong River and its tributaries to view the daily lives of people who work and play on the waterways of the Mekong Delta and canals to Vinh Long. We will stop at the home of a Bonsai gardener for a sumptuous Delta lunch, including the popular dish of "Elephant ear fish", before continuing our exploration of the tributaries and canals of the delta. Towards the end of the day we arrive in Can tho where we stay in a lovely hotel.
Day 3: Can tho - Ho chi minh (B, L)
Rising early to the sounds of the Delta coming to life for another day, we breakfast and start our trip with a boat cruise on sparking streams along the endless waterway of Mighty Mekong River to Cai rang floating markets. There will be hundreds of boats loaded with fruits, vegetables and fish jostling for trade. Sellers advertisers their wares by crying out across the waters. We visit the lush orchards and are treated to a delicious tropical fruits. After Lunch, drive back to Ho Chi Minh city. Drop off at your hotel. End of tour.
Thank you for traveling with Vietnam website.
• Tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
• 1 night at hotel in Can tho with daily breakfast at selected hotels
• 1 night at home stay in Ben tre
• Private English speaking guide
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary at local restaurant with local foods (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Boat cruise as stated
• Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
• Mineral Water and towel
• Government taxes & Service charges
• International flights to and from Vietnam.
• Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Meals not indicated in the itinerary
• All other services which are not mentioned above
• Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
• Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
• Tips and gratuities