Joined: 12 Dec 2011
|Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:31 am Post subject: Mekong delta & Phu quoc island 5 days
Ho chi minh – Can Tho – Rach gia – Phu Quoc
Starts in:Ho Chi Minh CityEnds in:Ho Chi Minh CityDuration:5 Days in Length.
This is a relaxing trip, combining the exotic Mekong Delta with the tropical island of Phu Quoc. The Delta is one of the most breathtaking areas in the south of Vietnam- a traveler must-see. During this module, you'll sail lazily through the emerald delta before rounding off your journey with a few days on idyllic Phu Quoc Island. The locals will give you a friendly wave as you drift through the narrow waterways on your way to the sun bleached beach of Phu Quoc. You'll visit lively floating markets with huge assortments of colourful produce, and you'll anchor alongside an orchard for a short musical performance from the villagers. All the while, you'll weave slowly towards Phu Quoc, an amazing island certain to give you a taste of truly tropical Vietnam
Itinerary in Details:
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh - Mekong Delta – Can Tho (B, L)
8:00 Am pick up at your hotel, start our exploration of the Mekong Delta, a major rice producing area. This must be one of the most fascinating river deltas in the world. The Mekong splits into nine major arteries. A vast network of rivers and waterways with thousands of ships of all sizes plowing the waters give the Mekong Delta a very special atmosphere. We will make a boat trip to the Cai Be floating Market, visit villages and meet the people of the Mekong Delta. Continue to Vinh Long where you will board a boat to An Binh Island for Lunch in a local family before doing the bike trip around the village. Continue to Can Tho. Overnight at hotel in Can tho.
Day 2: Can Tho - Cai Rang - Rach Gia - Phu Quoc Island (B)
The morning will create a beautiful boat trip through the waterways around Can tho. You will pass through small channels and waterways, past villages and fruit plantations. You visit the huge Cai Rang floating market. Drive to Rach Gia for 2,5 hour boat trip at 01pm to Phu Quoc Island. Met upon your arrival, transfer to hotel in Phu Quoc, check in, relax.
Day 3: Phu Quoc island (B)
Phu Quoc Island is famous for the quality of locally produced pepper and matelote. Today is free at leisure. You can now relax on the beach, visit to Duong Dong, the capital of Phu Quoc or explore national park.
Day 4: Phu Quoc island (B)
Today is free. You can snorkel, swim, relax on deserted beaches and enjoy the best seafood. Overnight at hotel or resort.
Day 5: Phu Quoc Island - Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Free until transfer to the airport for flight back Ho Chi Minh city. Pick up at Tan Son Nhat airport, transfer to your hotel in city (Hotel not include). End of tour.
Thank you for traveling with Vietnam Airlines.
• Tours & transfers in private air-conditioned vehicles
• All accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
• Speed boat Rach Gia – Phu Quoc
• Air ticket Phu Quoc – Ho chi minh
• Private English speaking guide
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary at local restaurant with local foods (B = breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
• Boat cruise as stated
• Entrance fees and permits for all sights visited
• Mineral Water and towel
• Government taxes & Service charges
• International flights to and from Vietnam.
• Vietnam visa arrangement (upon request visa on arrival at 15 USD, not including stamping fee at 25 USD)
• Meals not indicated in the itinerary
• All other services which are not mentioned above
• Personal travel insurance (Compulsory).
• Personal expenses such as Telephone and Laundry bills.
• Tips and gratuities